recipe taken from Laura Adamache ..
- For horns:
- -500 g flour
- -20 g of yeast
- -70 g sugar
- -260g milk
- -50 g butter
- -1 or
- For fondant:
- -200 gr cleaned and diced apples
- -2 eggs
- -20 gr sugar
- -60 ml sour cream
- -1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- -15 gr of potato or corn starch (can be replaced with 3 tablespoons of semolina)
- -60 gr butter
- -100 ml of water
Preparation time: less than 120 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Cakes with apple fondant:
Mix the yeast with a little warm milk, sugar and flour and leave it to rise ... when it has risen, mix all the ingredients and knead until the dough comes off your hands. Leave the 'rest' or now.
We prepare the fondant: we clean the apples, we cut the squares and together with the sugar we set them on fire to caramelize them, then we pour the water and leave them on the fire until the apples absorb all the water, then we mix them until they become puree. Let it cool.
Separately, melt the butter and after it has cooled, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until it becomes a paste, add the apple puree and put them on the fire for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly ... let the cream cool.
Divide the dough into 14 or more depending on the size you want the horn to come out (I divided the dough into 16) and sprinkle the flour on the table, spread the dough into a rectangular shape, then leave half of the 'rectangle' whole and cut it in half in phases (the pictures will clarify). Put the cream in half and then wrap. Place the croissants in a greased or paper-lined tray, grease them with a mixture of egg + milk + lemon peel + orange and sprinkle a little sugar, leave them for another 20 minutes and then put them in the oven.
Sift the flour and breadcrumbs, grind the cinnamon and sift.
Puff pastry preparation
The butter is pressed with the water-removing shit, then mixed lightly with 200 g. Flour so that the flour is evenly distributed. Shape into a rectangle and leave to cool at about + 4 ° C for about 30 minutes for the butter to harden. Separately, knead a flour dough for about 1,200 liters of water, salt vinegar until a crust of suitable consistency is obtained, which is shaped round, cut to the surface diagonally with a knife and left to rest on the board for about 25 minutes. After the rest time has elapsed, the dough is spread with the shit on the plate sprinkled with flour. A sheet is obtained with a thick middle and thinner edges in which the butter is wrapped and the dough is first rolled. A rectangular sheet is obtained which is folded into 4. Leave to cool to + 4 ° C for about 20 minutes. This operation of rolling, folding and cooling is repeated 3 more times, so that in the end the dough is rolled, cooled and folded 4 times in four, obtaining the puff pastry.
Preparation of the filling
Mix the apples with the breadcrumbs, sugar and cinnamon until a uniform composition is obtained.
Modeling, baking and finishing
From the puff pastry it is spread with the shit on the plate sprinkled with flour, a sheet with a thickness of 5-6 millimeters, rectangular in shape, which is cut into strips about 10 cm wide. At the base of the strips, place the filling in an even layer, after which it is rolled. The rolls obtained are cut into pieces of 10-12 cm. length, is placed in the tray sprinkled with water, giving the shape of a horn. Place in the oven, bake at high temperature at first (250-220 ° C) to allow the product to rise, then at moderate temperature (220-180 ° C) to achieve uniform baking. After baking and cooling, powder with vanilla flour sugar.
For the dough: 30 g yeast, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 pinch of salt, 250 ml mineral water, 350 ml oil, 1 kg flour, vanilla sugar.
For the filling: 1 kg of apples, 2 sachets of vanilla sugar, 4 tablespoons of sugar (you can put even more), 1 rum essence.
Sift the flour into a larger bowl and mix with the salt powder. The yeast is mixed with the sugar in 200ml of warm water. After the sugar has melted, add 250 ml of oil and mineral water. Stir and gradually pour over the flour. Mix well and leave to rise for about 30 minutes.
The apples are washed and peeled. Grate, mix with sugar and harden. Then add the vanilla sugar and rum essence. Leave to cool.
After the dough has risen, cut it into pieces and start forming the croissants. With the rolling pin, spread the pieces of dough, put a little oil with a spoon and then the apple filling. We roll them and place them in a tray greased with oil and lined with a little flour.
Put the tray with the croissants in the preheated oven and let them bake (approximately 40-45 min. At 170 & # 8242).
How to use the dry Easter cake. 3 simple and tasty recipes
FANATIK tells you how you can use the dry cake left over from Easter so that you get some simple and tasty recipes. There are several solutions to "recycle" what is left and the result may be one you would not have thought of.
Most of the time we tend to cook more than we need for the holidays, so we are left with many dishes and cakes that no one has touched. In the case of dry cake, there are many solutions you can use to avoid throwing it away.
Read on and find out how to prepare these three simple recipes with the cake left over from Easter . Here's how to cook the tastiest sweets with a few slices of cake.
Homemade croissants with butter & # 8211 fluffy croissants recipe
Homemade croissants with butter & # 8211 recipe for fluffy croissants with soft and fluffy core and crispy crust, extremely thin, sprinkled with cumin (or poppy seeds, sesame) and coarse salt. A perfect snack!
I like homemade croissants sprinkled with cumin and coarse salt. I think that this & # 8222lust & # 8221 has its origins since childhood, when my grandmother brought me from kindergarten and on our way there was a food with a few meals, like lactobar, where you could drink a healthy and eat a good and fresh horn. The people of Arad can still remember the place from the Podgoria Terrace.
They had huge horns (about 30 cm long), with an extremely fluffy core and crispy skin, with which I was always filled with crumbs on my clothes. On top they were sprinkled abundantly with coarse salt and cumin.
I made a similar version, much smaller than the ones from Podgoria Terrace, but at least as good, being inspired by this recipe found on a Hungarian blog, a recipe that I slightly modified. These homemade croissants with butter they really have a lot of butter in the composition! This is the recipe and you will see how good they come out.
From this quantity we obtain 24 homemade croissants with butter of about 15 cm.
Great homemade puff pastry croissants. So fragrant, airy and tasty that you can't help it
We present you the recipe for homemade French croissants. You will get very tender, soft, airy and layered croissants with a crispy and extremely appetizing crust. The croissants have an intense buttery taste and amazing aroma, which spreads throughout the house. If desired, you can prepare the croissants with different fillings: chocolate, jam or cheese. With this recipe you will get the tastiest croissants as in French pastries.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Add the sugar to the hot water (the water does not have to be hot), mix well and sprinkle the yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes until foam forms on the surface.
2. Sift the flour well through a sieve to enrich it with oxygen. This will make the horns more airy. Add a little salt and sugar.
3. Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture, pour the warm milk and knead the dough with your hands.
4. Cut 100 g of soft butter into cubes and incorporate it into the dough, knead well: first in the bowl, then on the table or on a mincer. The dough should be homogeneous, soft and not stick to the hands.
5. Form a rectangle out of the dough, wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6. Grind the remaining butter a little and wrap it in a piece of baking paper. You need to get a square the size of 20 * 20 cm. To distribute the butter evenly in the paper bag, you can spread it a few times with the rolling pin.
8. Sprinkle the work table with plenty of flour and place the piece of dough, spread the dough until you get a rectangle 2 times larger than the size of the envelope with butter.
9. Place the butter out of the paper on top and wrap it in dough. Spread it evenly. You need to spread the dough in one direction, starting from the middle to the edges. You need to get a rectangle the same size as before wrapping the butter.
10. Turn the dough on both sides to the middle, then fold it in half. You need to get a book in which there are 4 layers of butter and 8 layers of dough.
11. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
12. You must repeat this stretching and folding procedure once more and refrigerate the dough.
13. Remove the dough from the fridge and spread it out in a 5 mm thick rectangle with straight sides.
14. Cut the dough into equal rectangles.
15. Line the tray with baking paper.
16. Make small cuts at the base of the triangles and turn them outwards.
17. Roll the triangles in the shape of horns, stretch the edges a little and rotate them, giving them the shape of horns.
18. Place the horns on the tray spaced apart.
19. Cover the tray of croissants with a towel or cling film and leave them at room temperature to rise.
20. After the croissants have risen twice, lightly grease them with beaten egg and bake them in the preheated oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 185 degrees and bake for 10 minutes until they will be ready.
Simple bakery croissants
Let the yeast activate for 10 minutes.
Add 500 g of flour, a teaspoon of salt and 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Knead well by hand for about 4-5 minutes or until you get an elastic dough, suitable for hard with a not very sticky surface.
Put 15 ml of oil over the dough obtained and arrange with your hands so that the dough is covered with oil on all sides.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
Leave to rise for 30 minutes.
On the work table greased with oil, divide the dough into 10 equal parts.
Spread each piece of dough with your palm and fingers and grease with a teaspoon of oil.
Roll each sheet into a roll.
The roll is twisted and knotted.
Each knotted dough is flattened with a rolling pin (greased with oil), in the shape of a triangle.
Roll the horns from the wider base to the top.
Place the cones in the tray covered with baking paper. Let the croissants rise for 10 minutes in the tray in a warm place.
In a bowl, beat 2 yolks and grease the croissants with a kitchen brush.
Put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Recipe video SIMPLE BAKERY HORNS lower: