- Dish type
- Mini cakes
- Fairy cakes
These yummy carrot cakes are perfect for Halloween parties or for the kids to bring to school. Get creative with the pumpkin faces! They can be as cute or scary as you wish!
Yorkshire, England, UK
16 people made this
- 250g plain flour
- 200g sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 7 tablespoons honey or golden syrup
- 325g grated carrots
- 1 recipe cream cheese icing
- orange food colouring paste
- green food colouring paste
- 1 tube black writing icing
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:50min › Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and syrup. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots. Fill a greased or paper-lined muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin to wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the icing according to recipe. Take 2/3 of the icing and ice the cooled cakes. Divide the remaining icing, colouring 1/3 green and 2/3 orange.
- Using a icing bag or a plastic bag with the corner cut off, pipe the orange icing onto the iced cupcakes, making a round pumpkin shape. Doing the same with the green icing, make a little stem and leaf at the top of each pumpkin. Draw faces onto the pumpkins with the black writing icing.