- Prep 20min
Updated May 14, 2015
pounds baking potatoes, scrubbed
tablespoons garlic, minced
can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
Heat oven to 400° F. Poke potatoes with fork and bake 1 Hour or until tender. Cool slightly and peel.
In large stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook until soft but not brown. Add two-thirds of the potatoes and mash in the pot using a potato masher or fork. Add chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper. Raise heat to bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes. Chop remaining potatoes into small cubes. Add to soup and stir gently.
Nutrition InformationNo nutrition information available for this recipe
Recipes - Tyler Florence
1 3/4 oz Ham base (2-#40 scoop)
2 qt Chicken stock
8 oz Yellow onion dice
3 oz Margarine
2 lb Potatoes bite size
1 1/2 teaspoon of Black pepper
2 cup of Milk
3 oz Flour
3 oz Margarine
Combine chicken stock in sauce pan with ham base. Stir until lumps are
gone. In separate stock pot: melt first margarine measurement add
onion and sautee until transparent. Addpotato bite size pieces and
pepper. Add chicken stock mix and stir until well mixed. Bring
mixture to a boil. In small pan, melt second margarine measure and
add flour to create a roux. It should be light brown in color. When
stock comes to a boil, add roux with a wire whisk. This will cause
the soup to start thickening. Return to a boil. Slowly add the milk.
If the soup is too thin, make additional roux and add it to the soup.
If you need to do this, be sure to cook the roux until a tan color.
This will get rid of the raw flour taste. If the soup is too thick,
thin it out with more milk
Recipe By :
Bennigan's Copycat Baked Potato Soup
This copycat soup recipe from Bennigan's is so hearty and delicious, it can be served as a meal! Creamy potato soup is topped with tasty Cheddar, crispy bacon and chopped scallions to create the perfect winter dish. When you want a big bowl of comforting potato soup, this copycat restaurant recipe is the one to try. It's sure to impress you with its bold flavors and creamy texture. Potato soup has never tasted so good!
- 3 pounds all-purpose potatoes, scrubbed and pierced in several places
- 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
- 1 1 / 2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 14 1 / 2 ounces chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 / 4 tablespoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake potatoes 1 hour or until tender when pierced. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Melt Butter in a 4- to 6-quart pot over medium low heat. Stir in onions and garlic cover and cook 10 minutes until soft, but not brown. Add 2/3 of the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cut remaining potatoes in small cubes. Add to soup and stir gently to reheat. Sprinkle each serving with toppings.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up - please try again.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!
My family enjoys eating potato soup so this would be a good recipe to try. The only time that we eat this kind of soup is at a restaurant so a homemade version would definitely be welcome at our dinner table. When preparing this, I would use low sodium chicken broth and skim milk.
could I use vegetable broth instead Chx broth? My bf is allergic to poultry.
sounds good but how many calories?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Succulent and Sweet Short Ribsvideocam
This rib recipe is definitely going to make your taste buds rejoice. These Succulent and Sweet Short Ribs really gives you the best of&hellip See more Continue reading: "Succulent and Sweet Short Ribsvideocam"
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
Connect With Us
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
Prime Publishing Food Group
© Copyright 2021 Prime Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Sign In to Your Account
Sign In With One Of Your Social Accounts
Sign in using email and password
Forgot Your Password?
Images from other cooks
Share Your Images
Help others by adding images to this recipe. It's easy! Click here to start
Please sign into your account to add new images.
There are currently no images from other cooks.
Terms & Conditions
You must enter into this Agreement if you want to submit digital images or other content to Prime Publishing through Sharing Customer Images (the "Service"). As used in this Agreement, "we" or "Prime Publishing" means Prime Publishing, LLC. and "you" means the individual or entity submitting materials to Prime Publishing. Any individual or entity that wants to use the Service must accept the terms of this Agreement without change. BY CLICKING THE ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE.
1) Eligibility. You may only submit Materials to the Service for which you hold all intellectual property rights. In other words, if you submit a digital image to us, you must own all rights to such image or you must have the authorization of the person who does own those rights. The Service is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Minors may not submit Materials to the Service. Further, you may not submit any personally identifiable information about any child under the age of 13.
2) Definitions. As used in this Agreement, (a) "Affiliates" means any entity controlled by, in control of, or under common control with Prime Publishing, (b) "Materials" means all content that you submit to Prime Publishing, including all photographs, illustrations, graphics and text, and (c) "Media" means any means of conveying information, whether now known or hereafter devised.
3) License Grant for Materials. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, (b) modify, adapt, translate and create derivative works from the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, and (c) sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee.
4) Removal of Materials. If you decide you would like to remove your Materials from the Service, you may provide written notice to Prime Publishing by either deleting the image through the Prime Publishing interface or by contacting Prime Publishing customer service, and Prime Publishing will remove such Materials from the Service within a reasonable period of time.
5) License for Name, Trademarks and Likenesses. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Materials. You grant Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Materials.
6) Specifications and Guidelines. You agree to submit Materials to us in accordance with all guidelines for use of the Service posted on the Prime Publishing web site or of which you are otherwise notified ("Guidelines"), as these Guidelines may be changed in the future.
7) Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You represent and warrant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates that (a) you have the right, power, and authority necessary to enter into this Agreement, to fully perform your obligations hereunder, and to grant the licenses set forth in Paragraphs 3 and 5 above, (b) you will comply fully with all terms of this Agreement, (c) the Materials submitted to Prime Publishing by you, and Prime Publishing's and its Affiliates' exercise of their rights hereunder, do not and will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property right, including but not limited to trademark rights, copyrights, moral rights and publicity rights of any third party, (d) you possess all rights necessary for the reproduction, distribution, transmission, public performance, public display, and other exploitation of the Materials by Prime Publishing and its Affiliates as permitted hereunder, (e) the Materials are not pornographic, obscene, libelous, defamatory, tortious, or otherwise unlawful, and (f) all factual statements submitted by you are accurate and not misleading. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Prime Publishing and its Affiliates harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from your breach of any representation or warranty set forth in this paragraph.
8) Restrictions. You agree that you will not submit Materials that are unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that otherwise violate general Prime Publishing community standards. We expressly reserve the right to remove or not make available any Materials that we deem to be in violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or our community standards in our sole discretion. You agree that you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Materials to us or our Affiliates that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
9) No Obligation. Although we have the right to include your Materials in the Service or in any Media, we do not have the obligation to do so. We may, in our sole discretion and for any reason, refuse the Materials or remove them from our Service at any time.
10) Changes to Agreement. We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement or any Specifications or Guidelines governing the Service at any time in our sole discretion. All changes will be effective upon posting to the Service. However, for all changes to this Agreement, excluding Specifications and Guidelines, we will post a notice of change for thirty (30) days. You are responsible for reviewing the notice and any applicable changes. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SERVICE FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
11) Prime Publishing Intellectual Property. Without our prior written consent, you may not use our intellectual property, including, without limitation, our trademarks, trade names, trade dress, or copyrighted material, in any manner.
12) Communications. Prime Publishing and its Affiliates may communicate with you in connection with the Service, electronically and in other Media, and you consent to such communications regardless of any "Customer Communication Preferences" (or similar preferences or requests) you may have indicated on the web sites of Prime Publishing or its Affiliates or by any other means.
13) Waiver. PRIME PUBLISHING AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SUCH DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY OR FROM NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF (OR KNEW OR SHOULD KNOWN OF) THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14) Disclaimer. PRIME PUBLISHING PROVIDES THE SERVICE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
15) Miscellaneous. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Washington, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement subsequently. The Specifications and Guidelines (including all future changes) are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. This Agreement is in addition to, and does not supersede or modify, the terms and conditions of use of the web sites of Prime Publishing and its Affiliates.
Sharing Your Own Images
You! Anyone who is a registered and logged in user.
Please share images that will help other visitors. For example:
- Images that highlight a article's features ("Here are the controls on this music player", "See the clasp for this necklace", "Look at the box this came in")
- Images showing someone using a product ("Here I am wearing this scarf", "Install the ink cartridge here")
- Images related to a topic ("My dog Skipper", "A great outfit", "Our family at Yellowstone", "How to glue a chair using a cabinet clamp")
- Images that show how a product performs ("I took this picture with this camera", "This shirt shrunk in the wash", "The saw blade after 100 cuts")
- Images that give a sense of the size of the product ("This refrigerator is actually 6' tall", "A cellphone the size of a credit card")
Do include captions for your images. While not required, they provide context for your images. Additionally, you can use the Image Notes feature to highlight one or more interesting areas in your image. Everyone will see your notes when they roll over your image.
What shouldn't I share?
Behave as if you were a guest at a friend's dinner party: please treat the Prime Publishing community with respect. Do not share:
- Profane, obscene, or spiteful images, or any images with nudity
- Images to which you do not own the intellectual property rights
- Images featuring phone numbers, mail addresses, or URLs. You can watermark an image with copyright information.
- Images featuring availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information
- Images featuring external Web sites, contests, or other solicitations
- Any personal information about children under 13
- Images with automobile license plates that are prominent and easily read (pictures with license plates that have been fuzzed out or that otherwise cannot be read are acceptable).
The same guidelines apply to your captions and notes.
What image formats and sizes are supported?
We support JPEG, GIF and PNG images. Files must be no more than 1MB. Both the image height and the image width must be between 60 and 3500 pixels.
Instead of uploading an image, can I just enter a link to an image?
No, all images must be uploaded to Prime Publishing. This ensures your image is always available.
How long does it take to upload an image?
The time varies depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the image file. For a 400KB image, for example, you should expect 2 to 4 minutes over a 56KB modem and under 1 minute for DSL or cable modem.
Where will my image appear?
Generally your image will appear where you uploaded it: in the article image gallery.
Who owns the images I upload?
The rights owner of the image continues to own the image uploading your image to Prime Publishing does not transfer ownership.
Make our Bennigan’s Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Strawberry Cheesecake will taste just like Bennigan’s.
About Us – Coming Soon
Try These Recipes
Most Commented Posts
Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
SecretCopycatRestaurantRecipes.com is a Free Cookbook Club Website
Our pages may contain ads and affiliate links from Amazon and others. If you buy something after clicking on one of these links you will not pay one penny more - but we will get a small commission. This helps us keep bringing this site and our recipes to you for free. Thank you.
© Copyright DishAdventures, LLC . All Rights Reserved.
1. Scrub the potatoes and pierce each one with fork a few times.
2. Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven at 400° for 1 hour or until tender.
3. Remove from the oven, let cool, then peel the potatoes.
4. Cut three of the potatoes into soup-size cubes, and set aside. Mash the remaining potatoes.
5. In a large saucepan or small stock pot, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat.
6. Stir in the chopped onions and minced garlic.
7. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until soft.
8. Stir in the mashed potatoes and mix thoroughly.
9. Add the chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper.
10. Cook and stir over medium heat for a few minutes.
11. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
12. Add the cubed potatoes, stir, and cook for a few more minutes or until heated through.
Bennigan's Ultimate Baked Potato Soup recipes
Heat oven to 400&degF Bake potatoes 1 hour or until tender when pierced. Peel when cool eno. ( more )
"I have made this for many whom have given it the title. This takes a bit of effort but is w. ( more )
In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until done. Remove bacon from pan, and set . ( more )
Prep: 10m Cook: 30m Servs: 8
I originally found this on Allrecipes. I modified them a bit and lightened them up using low. ( more )
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Wrap potatoes in foil&amp bake in preheated . ( more )
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion cook, stirring occasionally, for . ( more )
This recipe is delicious. My dad found it in a flyer from Sargento Cheese. Once the potato. ( more )
Place potatoes in even layer in greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Combine 3 cups cheese, mayonn. ( more )
"I made these up years ago and have been making them ever since. They are always a big hit. . ( more )
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour. M. ( more )