Pillsbury™ refrigerated pizza crust (your fave, I used thin crust)
cup Old El Paso™ taco sauce
cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
cup taco flavored shredded cheese
cup pico de gallo or other salsa
Cilantro leaves for garnish, if desired
Preheat oven per pizza dough instructions. Roll dough out onto a cookie sheet. Cut with 2-1/4 inch round biscuit cutter. Remove excess dough.
Pre-bake the dough rounds for 2 to 3 minutes, until the dough is set but before browning occurs.
Set aside until grill time.
When ready to grill, top the rounds with a dab of the taco sauce, cheese, and a little chicken breast.
Grill on top rack for a minute or two, just until the cheese melts.
Remove from grill, and top with the pico de gallo and a cilantro leaf.
More About This Recipe
- Grilled mini pizza apps with chicken taco flave...super yum!
This appetizer marries several of my favorite things: tacos, grill, minis, and of course, all things pizza. Pizza on the grill in particular – that little bit of char and the extra crisp the grill gives the crust drives me wild.
I do one thing a little differently when making mini pizzas on the grill. With a regular sized pizza, I just put the pizza dough on the grill, flipping it once before applying the toppings.
However, the little guys are kinda slippery, and are just the right size to slip through the grates. So I bake them in the oven for a couple minutes ahead of time. When it’s grill time, just add toppings and cook on the top rack until the cheese is melty.
To make the pizzas, spread out prepared pizza dough onto a cookie sheet. I used Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust, but they’re all fabulous for this recipe – there’s a new artisan version that I’m dying to try. Use a 2-1/4inch round cutter to cut shapes from the dough.
Remove the excess.
Bake for 2 to 3 minutes. When you’re ready to grill, just top the baked rounds with a little taco sauce, cheese and cooked chicken.
Cook on the top rack of your grill until the cheese is melted. Remove mini pizzas from the grill and top with pico de gallo and a cilantro leaf.
Hope you enjoy!
More Tasty Yums
If you like appetizers that taste like pizza and tacos, try some of these recipes:
Pizza Pinwheels Recipe
Portabella and Brie Appetizer Pizza Recipe
Creamy Spinach-Artichoke Mini Pizzas Recipe
Festive Mini Tacos Recipe
Shredded Chicken Nachos Recipe
We offer recipes that are hand-crafted by our chef
We make it fresh. You bake it to perfection.
Classic recipes served on our original crust that made us famous.
Sophisticated recipes with gourmet toppings, served on our crispy thin crust.
For big appetites! Hearty recipes and two layers of our original crust. It's loaded with toppings.
Keto friendly! Make your favorite pizza crustless. Microwavable on the go.
Taco Pizza Ingredients
Besides the taco sauce and cheddar cheese, I've used some ground beef to pack in a ton of protein and then added a crazy amount of veggies to make these pita pizzas about as healthy as they can possibly get. Here's what I added to my taco pizza, but keep in mind you can always use what you already have on hand at home:
- Frozen corn
- Black olives
- Ground beef
- Pico de gallo
- Red onion
If you're feeling extra crazy be sure to add some sliced avocado and maybe a little dab of sour cream. Don't be afraid to get creative! You can also use black beans instead of ground beef to make this taco pizza vegetarian and to eliminate the extra cooking time with the beef.
Chicken Taco Pizza
Super quick and tasty &ndash this taco tastic pizza will have your taste buds tingling!
- 2 (10-inch) ready baked thin and crisp pizza bases
- 200 g onion and garlic passata
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso&trade Taco Seasoning
- 450 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 75 g mozzarella, shredded
- 100 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 g soured cream
- 1 little gem lettuce, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 30 g nacho or cheese flavoured tortilla chips, gently crushed
- 50 g black olives, sliced, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 220 ºC (200 ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 7. Place each pizza base onto a baking tray. In a medium bowl, stir the passata, taco seasoning and chicken together.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over each pizza base, leaving a 2-3 cm border. Top with the cheeses then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Drop spoonfuls of the soured cream over the pizzas. Top with the lettuce, tomato, tortilla chips and olives. Cut each pizza into wedges to serve.
Make this pizza your own by topping it with your favourite taco toppers. Try sliced olives, chopped avocado, fresh coriander or sliced jalapeños.
- ⅓ cup masa corn flour, optional
- 12 (6-in.) thin flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup taco sauce (such as Ortega taco sauce)
- ¼ cup red enchilada sauce
- ¾ cup pre-shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ¾ cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ¼ cups refried beans, heated through
- ¾ cup cooked ground beef seasoned with Taco Bell taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup finely diced tomato
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium. If using corn flour, lightly dredge 1 tortilla at a time in corn flour, and dust off any excess.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of the oil to skillet, and add a tortilla cook, turning often, until lightly golden and crisp, about 4 minutes. Set aside on metal rack or paper towels. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Stir together taco sauce and enchilada sauce in a small bowl set aside. Combine cheeses in another bowl set aside.
Preheat oven to broil. Spread about 3 tablespoons beans on 1 tortilla add about 2 tablespoons taco meat. Top with a second tortilla spread 2 tablespoons sauce mixture evenly over top tortilla, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Top with 1 tablespoon each of tomatoes and olives. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat building process with remaining ingredients to make 6 pizzas. Place baking sheet in center of oven, and broil 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Let stand 3 minutes before cutting into quarters.