- Pasta types
- Macaroni cheese
A super-simple macaroni pasta and cheese bake for those last minute 'what are we going to do for dinner?!' midweek meals! Pasta, soup, milk, tomatoes and cheese layered in a baking dish, baked and ready 25 minutes later.
97 people made this
- 2 (295g) tins condensed cream of chicken soup
- 180ml milk
- 450g macaroni pasta
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 12 slices processed Cheddar cheese, unwrapped
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. In a medium saucepan, heat soup and milk over medium heat until simmering; remove from heat and stir in macaroni. Pour macaroni mixture into a 20x30cm baking dish. Place a layer of tomatoes, then a layer of cheese slices over macaroni. Repeat.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(62)
Reviews in English (50)
This recipe is easy and better than box mac & cheese. I use cream of mushroom soup insead and mix in quite a bit more grated cheese rather than slices of cheese. I skip the tomato and then bake it with herbed bread crumbs and dots of butter on top.-29 Oct 2007
This was a good base recipe. Like other users had mentioned, I used 1 can each of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup. I also used diced tomatoes in place of the tomato slices. Instead of layering the cheese & tomatoes, I mixed shredded cheddar cheese and the diced tomatoes into the hot macaroni & soup mixture. I also sprinkled breadcrumbs on top. My husband and 3-year-old son loved it!-25 Feb 2009
I really love this! Of course pasta and cheese IS always a winner! I did alter a bit, in place of two cans of cream of chicken I added a can of cream of cheddar cheese and a can of cream of mushroom. And also instead of the 4 tomatoes I used a can of diced tomatoes flavored with basil and garlic and mixed it right in the macaroni. Just sooo yummy!-10 Jul 2006