Recipe for the cock:
I boiled the rice in water with a little high salt until it swelled completely. Then I hardened a large onion with a small grated carrot on a small grater and with 2 small cloves of finely chopped garlic. I added the boiled rice and I hardened with a little olive oil. I added freshly ground pepper (it's more fragrant) and a little finely chopped dill. Then I arranged the rice like a "bird" and decorated it with pieces of carrot as a beak, ridge, bag under the beak, legs and feathers in the tail and with capers eyes, lettuce leaves or green onions for the tail and wing, pieces of mushroom for the chest and wing.
Voila! A delicious rice came out, with a sweet taste of hardened onions and a fine peppery aroma.
If you haven't tried the taste so far bulgur pilaf, it's not too late, the recipe is very simple and is made much faster than rice. Bulgur, a food often used in the Middle East, versatile, practical and easy to prepare, has successfully made its place in our kitchen. I have been discovering it for some time, more precisely since 9 years ago when the older boy was born, when looking for the healthiest recipes I found recipes prepared with this very healthy food.
According to Wikipedia, bulgur or burgh is “a cereal food obtained from partially boiled cracked groats of several different species of wheat, most often durum wheat. It has its origins in Middle Eastern cuisine. It has a light nutty aroma. It is an ingredient that is cooked similarly to rice or couscous ”.
So I basically said what and how, I have to write you the recipe for pilaf with bulgur, which I can say is very good!
It is made in about 20 minutes, it has vegetables, it tastes, it has flavor, it has everything. :)
The recipe below shows about 4 generous portions (although it's the kind of dish you can eat as much as you can, without getting tired), we served it with grilled meat.
Creamy pilaf with meat
Why did I call it meat and didn't specify which one? Because I always adapted it to the type and amount of meat available and it always turned out great!
The best is with pork or chicken.
Anyway, it remains a favorite recipe and is praised, eaten with lust and appreciated by everyone in the house.
I never use weighed ingredients and yet, following the directions of the recipe, even adapted to the quantities you have in the house, I guarantee that it will come out perfect, creamy and very, very good! Especially if you use homemade tomato juice and good meat.
Creamy pilaf with meat
- 60 ml oil
- 50 g butter
- 300 g rice & # 8211 I use either good scotti rice at all or rice for risotto
- 100 ml of semi-sweet white wine
- 2 pieces chicken breast or 800 g pork
- a big red bell pepper
- a carrot
- 1-2 onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1, 3 l water (1300ml)
- 250 ml of tomato juice or a tablespoon full of broth
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- green parsley
- 2 was dafin
- 1-2 tablespoons paprika
Preparation Creamy Pilaf with meat
The recipe may seem long or complicated, but it is not at all, and if it is a little different than the classic pilaf, believe me it is worth following all the steps & lt3
- Prepare a bowl with 30 ml of oil and put it on the fire, heat it.
- Put the diced pieces of meat and lightly fry them on all sides & # 8211 4-5 minutes.
- Then put the diced vegetables and bay leaves. Stir until the vegetables soften slightly, then add the tomato juice and cook for another minute.
- Then pour the water, add the paprika, thyme and adjust the taste of salt. Bring to a medium to low heat, with the pan partially covered, to boil for 45-50 minutes from the moment it boils, if you use pork or 25-30 minutes if you use chicken. The idea is to cook the meat almost completely (95%). Tested.
At this point, if you do not want to serve the pilaf soon, you can stop and resume the preparation of the pilaf 30 minutes before eating. If you take it now to the end, keep the liquid on low heat, as low as you prepare the second stage.
- Put the remaining butter and oil (the 30 ml) in a bowl and let it heat well.
- Add the rice (washed and drained well) and fry it for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the wine, mix and leave until it evaporates.
- Then add 3 tablespoons of meat juice (to be clear soup, without meat and vegetables) and from this moment boil the rice for 20 minutes, over medium heat, stirring occasionally and gradually adding 2 tablespoons of hot juice. , when the initial set decreases. So 3 polishes, mix lightly, when you drop another 2, then again 2 and so on & # 8211 This process ensures the consistency and creaminess of the pilaf.
- At this point the rice should be boiled about 80-90% of the total boiling required.
- Add the meat and vegetables plus the juice to completely cover the rice and match the taste of salt and pepper & # 8211 see photo.
- From now on, let it simmer until the rice is completely cooked and all the ingredients have become friends :))
note & # 8211 do not put all the remaining liquid over the meat and vegetables from the start, do not get an exaggerated boiled rice. Stop 1-2 poles and add them only if necessary. I put it all together until the end
Turn off the heat, add chopped green parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, mix lightly, then serve hot with pickles or salad.
Serve rice pilaf with chicken hearts and pipettes
I transferred the pilaf to a serving bowl. This pilaf or rice with pipettes and hearts is served hot, sprinkled with chopped green parsley. It's a poem! Everything is extra tasty, fragrant and very appetizing.
The pips and hearts are tender, the rice is "grain by grain", it has not been porridge. Here, there you can see fragments of carrot and donut. A tasty and healthy food.
If you are a fan of pilaf then I also recommend the traditional Uzbek recipe with a unique method of preparation & # 8211 see here.
I mentioned in the introduction of rice with vegetables & # 8211 a tasty and healthy garnish & # 8211 see here how it's done.
I think I made you crave this rice pilaf with pipettes and chicken hearts and that you will test the recipe soon!
Bulgarian pilaf, or Serbian pilaf is a old recipe, de rice with vegetables of all kinds, with or without meat. The name comes from the famous Bulgarian or Serbian gardeners (samsari), who roamed the slums and sold, in the early hours of the morning, fresh vegetables of all kinds. It is a vintage recipe, over 100 years old, I found it in an almanac from 1942.
You can put several vegetables (onions, bell peppers and hot peppers, zucchini, carrots, peas, eggplant, celery, green beans), you can make with or without tomatoes. It can be made with fasting or with lard (it's wonderful with poultry lard) or with organs, poultry, beef, lamb & hellip
How to make Bulgarian Pilaf recipe:
The rice is washed in several waters, until the water remains clear. Long grain rice is used, such as Arborio.
Cut the vegetables into cubes and put them in a pan or tray, which can be put in the oven. Add the oil or lard / butter (I used 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil), the washed and drained rice, press, salt and pepper. Do not fry the vegetables in fat, because the pilaf will no longer be white, but will take on a much darker color. However, you can heat the rice until it becomes translucent, then add the vegetables and water. I avoid frying as much as possible.
How much rice does pilaf boil with mushrooms and vegetables?
I extinguished everything with 600 ml of hot water and reduced the flame under the pan. I tasted salt and corrected the seasoning. Rice absorbs salt so don't skimp on it! I left the pilaf to boil for approx. 18-20 minutes, until the rice is done (but not & # 8222flowered & # 8221, ie not over-cooked).
If the liquid drops excessively, you can add another cup of water. The idea is that in the end we have a creamy pilaf, not dry. I stopped cooking when the rice looks like it was still in the liquid in the picture above. I extinguished the fire and covered the pan with a lid and left the pile to rest for 10 minutes. During this time they will absorb the surrounding liquid (part of it) and bind nicely.