Wash the oranges well.
Take the oranges one by one, one by one, and cut a lid on top.
Then peel it to remove the orange inside. (be careful not to break the orange walls)
Finely chop the orange core.
Mix with chopped walnuts and honey. With this mixture, fill each orange.
Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and then beat with the powdered sugar.
We fill each orange with foam, making a hat on top.
Put in the oven on low heat for about 10 minutes, until the meringue begins to brown.
It is a dessert that is good both hot and cold.
They can also be filled with orange ice cream or any other ice cream, according to preference.
burdulea maria elena (Chef de cuisine), September 14, 2009
Quick to prepare and tasty at the table!
LASZLO (Chef de cuisine), August 3, 2009
Beautiful. this is how I serve blueberry sorbet ..congratulations!
veronica (Chef de cuisine), August 3, 2009
Super good recipe, and even cheap, it's good this summer, I'll do it today.
valentina ionita (Chef de cuisine), August 3, 2009
I think it's very delicious.
Vekas (Chef de cuisine), June 29, 2009
That's right, something original and effective. I'm glad you like it.
Cely Snijec (Chef), June 28, 2009
dicarmencitta1957 (Chef de cuisine), June 27, 2009
Super ingenious and with a great effect on guests and those who eat this dessert, greeting cards is super intuitive.
Vekas (Chef de cuisine), June 26, 2009
Yes, similar to ice cream, which is mixed from time to time to prevent the formation of ice chips.
cristina a (Chef de cuisine), June 26, 2009
I had a great appetite! I want to do it, but I have a problem, referring to point 3. Put it in the freezer for 2 hours, but from time to time take it out and mix the cream? Thank you.
Ingredients duck legs with oranges in a multicooker or oven
- 2 duck legs of 250 grams / piece
- 2 medium-sized oranges, untreated peel (
Duck legs with oranges in multicooker or oven & # 8211 how to prepare
In the following I explained this recipe in both its cooking options, both multicooker and oven. Preliminary operations are common to both options.
Preparation of the thighs
1. I chose two beautiful duck legs and carefully wiped them with a kitchen paper towel. With a kitchen torch, I burned the plumage marks on the skin of my thighs. In the absence of such an instrument, this operation can be done by quickly passing the thighs through the flame of the stove. Finally, I rubbed the skin of my thighs well with clean paper towels.
2. Optionally, the duck leg joint can be removed. I did it, as you can see in the picture below.
3. The skin that hangs intestinally around the thighs as well as the excess fat I cut and collected separately. I then seasoned the two duck legs well with coarse salt and ground black pepper and set them aside until I took care of the rest of the necessary ingredients.
From the skin and fat of the duck resulting from the shaping of the thighs, the best duck halves can be prepared.
4. While the two duck legs returned to ambient temperature and at the same time penetrated with salt and pepper, I took care of the oranges. First, I washed them well with warm water and a clean sponge, then I wiped them with a clean towel. With a peeler, I peeled 4 pieces of orange peel from the surface of an orange. The pieces of shell should not be larger than a 50 bani coin, the aroma is strong and no more is needed. In any case, we do not need the white part of the shell, which is very bitter! I set aside the orange peel and cut the oranges in half. I squeezed their juice, using Heinner C160SS citrus juicer.
5. Obviously, oranges can be squeezed from juice and manually! With this juicer, however, things work efficiently and quickly, not a drop of juice is lost and the operation is very easy. No matter how tempted I was to make the fresh orange juice disappear, I remembered that I had two duck legs that were just waiting to be bathed in it, so I collected it all in a glass.
Variant A & # 8211 cooking at multicooker
6. As I already told you in the introduction, it was the first time I cooked these duck legs with oranges using the multicooker Alacarte HMCK-5BK from Heinner and I was amazed at how practical, convenient, and quick everything was. I simply put the duck legs seasoned with salt and pepper, the orange peel, the juice, the peeled (but whole) garlic cloves and the broken rosemary into pieces in the detachable bowl of the appliance.
7. I put the removable bowl in its place and selected the "meat" function from the menu, setting the cooking time to 50 minutes.
8. No pressure is created during cooking, so I was able to open the lid without any problems after 25 minutes. I then added 100 ml. of hot water and I turned the thighs on the opposite side, continuing to cook until the time allotted for cooking has elapsed.
9. At the end of the 50 minutes, I took out of the Alacarte multicooker the two perfectly cooked legs, red and shiny. I let them rest for 10 minutes before serving. I passed all the liquid from the bowl through a sieve, added 1 teaspoon of agave syrup (or honey) and matched it with salt and pepper. I got a beautiful sauce flavored with oranges, sticky and delicious!
B & # 8211 variant cooking in the oven
As I already told you, I have often cooked this duck leg recipe with oranges, but in the oven. For this cooking variant, repeat steps 1 and 2 identically as we explained. As for the flavors, you can proceed exactly as shown above or you can prepare a mixture of spices. To do this, mix 1 tablespoon of coarse salt, 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper, 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic and 1 tablespoon of grated orange peel. The mixture is enough to season 12 duck legs.
Rub the duck legs well with the spice mixture and arrange them in the oven tray. Sprinkle with chopped thyme or rosemary. Let them soak for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, turn on the oven and set it to 150 ° C.
Add the juice of 3-4 oranges. Seal the duck leg tray with a sealing lid or aluminum foil. Cook for 2 hours at 150 ° C, with the pan set in a medium position. In the end, the meat will be perfectly penetrated. The thighs, however, will not be red. To do this, activate the grill function and raise the oven temperature to 210 ° C. We carefully watch the thighs, so they don't burn. As soon as they brown, take the tray out of the oven and arrange the thighs on a plate. We pass the sauce from the tray through a sieve. If necessary, reduce it a little more, boiling it in a saucepan. Then we adjust the taste of the sauce with salt, pepper and honey, just like in the case of multicooker cooking. Identical to the multicooker cooking variant, these duck legs with oranges need a 10-minute break before serving.
These duck legs with oranges, whether you cook them in a multicooker or in the oven, are delicious, sticky and a festive dish. It is definitely the dish you go with when you receive guests. I usually serve them with the orange sauce resulting from the preparation and with a puree of potatoes or of parsnips. I always add to the plate another garnish that brings a bit of texture, such as glazed carrots. You can find more gasket suggestions here (click on the link). Serve the dish hot, along with the chosen garnishes and sauce. Every time all the diners are happy.
Below you will find and orange duck breast recipe, very delicious and fast & # 8211 click on the picture.
I keep my heart healthy
Due to the content of potassium, fiber and vitamin C, oranges are a natural adjuvant for maintaining general health, especially heart health. High potassium intake prevents the onset of stroke, loss of muscle mass and maintains bone health, thus reducing the risk of kidney stones.
Oranges stimulate collagen production
The high content of vitamin C protects the skin from the effects of free radicals such as the harmful effects of the sun's rays. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that plays a key role in the formation of collagen.
Deeply moisturizes the skin
The citric acid in the composition of oranges improves the appearance of wrinkles and softens the skin. Orange cosmetics cleanse the skin well, exfoliate it and deeply moisturize it.
Helps lower blood sugar
The fibers in the composition of oranges help lower blood sugar and improve insulin levels, but also lower the level of bad cholesterol in the blood. They are a reliable food for people with type 2 diabetes.
Oranges can reduce the risk of cancer
Because they contain D-limonene, a compound that prevents many types of cancer, such as lung, skin or breast cancer, oranges, with their vitamin C content and important antioxidants, can strengthen the immune system and help prevent cancer. .
Other benefits of eating oranges
- Improve eyesight
- Adjuvant in case of constipation
- I keep my blood pressure under control
- Prevent kidney disease
- Prevent acne.
Roasted potatoes with sage and oranges & # 8211 recipe in the pan or in the oven
Roasted potatoes with sage and oranges & # 8211 recipe in the pan or in the oven, after Jamie Oliver. Golden potatoes with caramelized edges and creamy interior. Very tasty and flavored potatoes with sage, juice and orange peel. Garnish recipes. Fasting recipes. Potato recipes.
Among other aromatic herbs I have a pot of sage. Salvia is not very popular in our country and many people do not know how to use it. Salvia has fleshy leaves, covered with a whitish down. It is not used raw because it has a very strong aroma. It is usually fried or baked with pork, chicken, lamb or beef.
Looking for sage recipes I came across this recipe by Jamie Oliver. I liked the idea of roasted potatoes with sage and oranges so much that I couldn't wait for my oven to be released and I cooked everything in the pan. I then remade the recipe in the oven and it turned out just as good.
Wonderful potatoes came out with a crust so fine that it can't even be described in words. Until now, I couldn't imagine how wonderful the combination of oranges & # 8211 sage & # 8211 potatoes is.
I ate potatoes like that, as a stand-alone dish. They were sensational! Until then, it is also a kind of vegetarian or delicious fast. It is not wrong to make them as a side dish to roast meats.
Rosemary has not been widely used in our country either, but now the world has started to love it and rosemary potatoes (baked) are very popular. Their recipe you can find it here.
I give you the quantities for 2 servings and you can multiply them according to the number of people.
With this recipe I wanted to mark the martisor, women's day and the coming of spring with other colleagues, culinary bloggers, whom I invite you to visit for more delicious recipe ideas.
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
Oranges wash, wipe with a towel and cut off a lid. Remove the core with a teaspoon, cut into small pieces and place in a colander. The pudding powder mixes well with a little milk and dissolves.
The rest of the milk is boiled together with the caster sugar, the vanilla pod cut in half and the salt. After the milk has started to boil, add the dissolved pudding and stir continuously until the pudding has thickened.
Turn off the heat, allow the pudding to cool slightly, then mix well with the powder cinnamon and coconut. Allow to cool completely, fill oranges drained with a little cream, put the drained core of juice and cream again. Garnish with slices of lime and serve.