The capsicums are cut into strips, and the onions are cut into fish (julienne).
Put water, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper, bay leaf and hot peppers in a pot, then add onions and peppers and put on the fire.
The composition is boiled on the fire until soft.
The salad is put hot in jars, after which it is put in clothes until the next day to cool gradually, after which it can be stored in the pantry.
Spicy pepper salad in vinegar with garlic and hot peppers & # 8211 for winter
Spicy pepper salad in vinegar with garlic and hot pepper & # 8211 for the winter. Pickled salad for the winter. Pepper salad or donuts in vinegar with onions, garlic and hot peppers. Kapia peppers with vinegar.
I prepare many kinds of pickles for the winter, but not in large quantities. Be it cucumbers, cauliflower or gogonele but also donuts in vinegar, ciolomada, pumpkin or sauerkraut. I don't put more than we can eat. So I made some pickle salads, including this spicy pepper salad in garlic vinegar and hot peppers.
I have to tell you that this combination of kapia, fat peppers or donuts with garlic and hot peppers is phenomenal! Onions and carrots complete this colorful, spicy and flavorful assorted pickle. Everything is prepared cold, no boiling or scalding is required.
The recipe is simple, based the classic Hungarian ciolomade & # 8211 see here.
It's basically a spicy salad with vinegar, sugar and spices to taste. I chose dried thyme but you can also add mustard or peppercorns. The sharpness of these peppers in vinegar can be adjusted by reducing or adding extra hot peppers. To taste!
Onions and garlic can also be dosed at will. Kapia peppers can be mixed with bell peppers or can be replaced with donuts (later in the fall).
From the quantities below results 1 jar of 640 ml with spicy pepper salad in garlic vinegar and hot peppers. In each jar enters approx. 600 g of vegetables.
Ingredients Eggplant salad with baked peppers
- 2 eggplants
- 6 capsicums or bell peppers
- 1/4 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 50 ml. of oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt and lemon juice to taste
Preparation Eggplant salad with baked peppers
1. The eggplants are baked as I explained in the Romanian eggplant salad recipe, by direct contact with a hot surface (grill, disc, hob or embers). If you can't bake eggplant outdoors, find it here and other alternatives.
2. If you can, the peppers can be cooked in the same way, turning them around until their skin burns from place to place and the pulp softens. If you can't bake them on the grill / disc / flame, find them here an ingenious method of baking peppers, with very good results.
3. When the eggplants are well cooked (ie the core is completely soft, fluffy), remove from the grill and scoop out with a core spoon. The baked core is placed in a plastic sieve, placed on top of a collection vessel. Allow to cool completely, while the eggplant core drains the bitter liquid they contain.
4. Put the baked peppers in a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt, then cover with a lid. Until they cool, they will steam well. The steam will help the peel, which must be completely cleaned, to come off the cooked pulp. When cool, the baked peppers are cleaned of both burnt peel and stalks and seeds.
Note: this salad can be prepared both with fresh vegetables, in high season, and with eggplant and peppers baked in the freezer, in winter.
Preparing the salad
5. For the eggplant salad with baked peppers, both vegetables are finely chopped. In the case of eggplants, use a wooden, plastic or ceramic tool or one that you are sure is made of stainless steel. By contact with a certain metal, the eggplants turn black (picture 1 and picture 2).
6. Meet the eggplants with chopped baked peppers in a bowl (picture 3), add the mustard and start pouring the oil into a thin wire. They will prepare eggplant salad with baked peppers just like mayonnaise, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon in the same direction (picture 4).
7. Eggplants have the ability to absorb a large amount of oil. Basically, you can incorporate even more oil than the 50 milliliters that I recommended, but I do not recommend. The mixture will become creamy and homogeneous, at which point add very finely chopped onion and crushed garlic (picture 5). Salt to taste and if desired add a little lemon juice (I always want).
Eggplant salad with baked peppers is ready and I assure you that it is very, very tasty.
I recommend keeping the salad in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, so that the two & # 8222primadone & # 8221 who have just been introduced, the pepper and the eggplant, can learn the score and sing the duet properly. . :)
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 2 bell peppers (for appearance, one red and one green or yellow)
- 1 kilogram of tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a few freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 100 gr feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Method of preparation
Cut the tomatoes into medium-sized pieces. Place in a bowl, salt, mix gently and set aside for 15 minutes.
Finely chopped garlic is mixed, in a bowl, with vinegar and a teaspoon of chopped oregano leaves. While stirring in the bowl, add the two tablespoons of olive oil. Finely chop the pepper and add over the tomatoes.
Cut the feta cheese into cubes and sprinkle over the tomatoes and peppers. Add the dressing and serve.
Baked capsicum salad with ripe tomato sauce, parsley and garlic
I remember my mother in the kitchen, quite vaguely, because I went in there just because my masters couldn't be patient and I tasted the food before it was ready, and she, when she caught me, didn't waste her time explaining to me what she was doing. why do you do that. I didn't even think then that her advice, not listened to carefully, would accompany me and help me in the new habits I had created in the kitchen.
It's as if I see her putting salt on well-cooked peppers, after taking them out in a bowl, and then covering them with a kitchen towel, and it's as if I hear her say, "You have to let them simmer for at least 15 minutes." At the first opportunity, that is, in a month and a half I will put it to work, and the pictures on the blog. At least a recipe to come out. And my grandmother will make a Dobrogean cheese pie, my favorite. Maybe some donuts and sarmalute in beef sheets. Ahh, and the delicious soup with dumplings, and the soup with fine, perfect noodles. I was hungry and nothing would satisfy me now, neither the pepper salad nor the baked salmon with Dutch sauce that I cooked today. But a single dumpling, made by my mother, would make me happy.
In addition to the capia, I baked some eggplant, I also made some potatoes with butter and rosemary in foil, under the embers, and some grilled chicken legs, with spices. If I had to choose between capia and eggplant, I would choose eggplant salad with mayonnaise and a little onion, but I start with peppers, I keep the best in the end.
Ingredients: capsicum, tomatoes, garlic, oil, white wine vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Maybe a little hot pepper, according to your preferences.
Preparation: Bake the peppers on the grill, oven, hob or frying pan, on both sides taking care not to burn, until they turn black. So are tomatoes. Put the peppers and tomatoes, then, in a bowl, as I wrote above, with salt and cover for 10-15 minutes. Peel the vegetables and put the peppers in a shallow bowl, and pass the tomatoes or put them on a large grater (remove the seeds first, if you are patient or strain the sauce through a sieve). Make a little mujdei and mix with mashed tomatoes and finely chopped parsley. Add vinegar, to taste, and salt, if needed, a little pepper and pour the tomato sauce over the capsicum. Leave the salad in the fridge until it cools. Delicious Romanian!
How to make capsicum salad with sweet and sour sauce
Capies peppers will be baked on a backyard grill with charcoal embers, or on a grill on the eye of the stove.
Another way to cook capsicum in the apartment (for those who do not follow diets), is to fry them in oil and they are just as tasty in a Teflon pan with enough oil, fried on all sides and cover the pan with a lid, so as not to spill the oil).
Capies peppers once baked, put them in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and cover with a lid (to steam and clean more easily).
After they have steamed (softened the skin) and cooled, they will be cleaned of the skin, seeds and placed on a waiting plate.
White onions peeled, cut into julienne and rubbed with a little salt (to soften and come out of the spice), put over the cleaned capsicum.
Separately, in a bowl will make a dressing from: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, melted bee honey, soy sauce, salt (if needed) and pepper, mixing with a whisk until a fluid sauce is obtained.
The dressing obtained will be spread over the capsicum and onion, mixing lightly (taking care not to crush the capsicum).
The plate will be covered with a food foil and refrigerated until consumption.
Capia pepper salad they can be eaten as such with cubes of Feta cheese, or as a garnish with straw potatoes, a steak of any kind cooked etc & # 8230
Capia pepper salad with eggplant
1. Cut the capsicum in half and clean the seeds. Chop the onion into scales and fry in a pan with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt. Allow the onion to harden until it melts, then add the chopped peppers.
2. Peel the eggplant, cut the rounds and place the capsicum over the peppers.
3. After they have softened well and got a nice appearance, put them in the oven for about 20 minutes to brown. It is important that the capsicum does not crush when mixed and that no water is spilled on them. It has to boil in its own juice.
4. Season this food with salt and pepper as desired and do not forget that honey gives it a special taste. It can be served as a hot or cold appetizer, it can take the place of a side dish, for example, or it can simply be a fasting dish.
Pickled salad with cucumbers and peppers in vinegar with garlic and onion
Pickled salad with cucumbers and peppers in vinegar with garlic and onion. Cucumbers in jars with capsicums or donuts, for the winter. Pickled salad recipe with vinegar, hot peppers, carrots, garlic and thyme. How to put peppers in vinegar? How to make pickle salad for the winter?
Every year I put homemade pickles, simple or assorted. In addition to the classic pickles of pickled cucumbers, cauliflower, gogonele or sauerkraut, I always make a few jars of spicy salad in vinegar. they do not have a fixed recipe and can be improvised according to taste and depending on the ingredients I have at hand.
This pickle salad with cucumbers and peppers in vinegar is delicious! Hot peppers, garlic, onions and thyme give it an incredible flavor! The recipe is a simple one, based on those of Hungarian ciolomada & # 8211 see here.
The gogonele and cabbage are also added to the ciolomada. In my salad I put what I had now at hand: kapia peppers, cucumbers, carrots and hot peppers. You can also use white bell peppers in the garden.
This kind of pickle salad with vinegar is prepared in 2 stages: slicing the vegetables and marinating them for a few hours with vinegar, salt, sugar and spices, followed by putting in jars and filling the liquid with vinegar and water, in equal parts.
In general, people put onions and mustard seeds in spicy pickle salads, in the style of Bulgarian catsraves (see here). I chose to go with garlic and thyme.
A blade grater (mandolin) or a vegetable slicer is useful & # 8211 find something like this here. Once upon a time, there were large wooden graters with smooth or corrugated metal blades. My great-grandmother had something like that and called it a joke. He cut the cabbage faithfully with it.
During marinating, the vegetables soften and leave a lot of juice and will fit better in jars. The vinegar used is a simple, white, table one (9 degrees & # 8211 Royal). The salt must be fresh, especially for pickles. It is found in markets in 3-5 kg bags and it says "Salt for the food industry".
I give you the quantities for 1 jar of 640 ml (large jar) of pickle salad with cucumbers and peppers in vinegar. You can multiply them according to your needs. It includes approx. 600 g of vegetables (peppers, cucumbers, carrots, garlic, hot peppers) & # 8211 in the proportion you want. I put 50/50 cucumbers / peppers.
Our readers have tried the recipe!