- Dish type
- Chocolate cheesecake
This is the easiest and most gorgeous cheesecake I've ever made. It's rich and creamy, a must for every Christmas and Easter. You get excellent results each time! Plain and white chocolate is my favourite combination, however you can add only plain, only white or milk chocolate.
Nottinghamshire, England, UK
59 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 cheesecake
- 100g butter
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100g plain chocolate
- 50ml double cream
- 150g white chocolate
- 100ml Baileys® or other cream liqueur
- 250g Philadelphia light cream cheese
MethodPrep:20min ›Extra time:3hr setting › Ready in:3hr20min
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the crushed biscuits and mix until the butter has been fully absorbed. Press the mixture into the bottom of a springform tin and leave in the fridge to set.
- In the meantime melt the plain chocolate in a bowl placed on the top of the saucepan with hot water. Make sure there is a gap between the bowl and the hot water and that water is not boiling as too hot temperature would spoil the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add double cream, mix well and leave on a side. Melt the white chocolate using the same technique. Mix dark chocolate with white one, slowly adding Baileys®.
- In a separate bowl whisk the cream cheese, add the chocolate mixture and beat for a couple of minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Place the mixture in the springform on the top of the biscuit base and leave in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours. I tend to leave it overnight. Delicious!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (6)
Great, second time I made this I sourced everything from a German Supermarket beginning with L, much cheaper and just as good.-05 Sep 2015
Yummy and easy. Defo make again. x-02 Apr 2013
Enjoyed making this a real easy choclate cheescake .great quick dessert-13 Oct 2015